Join our team!
If your passion is helping small businesses and entreprenures, then you have come to the right place!
Current Job Postings
Economic Research Officer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in the heart of the Prince George business innovation community? To be part of creating positive change with other like-minded individuals?
Hubspace helps startups and developing entrepreneurs accelerate technology commercialization by connecting to networks, advisors and resources. Currently, Hubspace delivers the Venture Accelerator Program (VAP) on behalf of Innovate BC a crown corporation of the Province of BC.
A key member of a highly functioning team, the Hubspace Economic Research Officer provides support to the Program Manager and Director of Business Development.
Working closely with and answering directly to the Program Manager, the Economic Research Officer will be responsible for duties outlined below and others as assigned by the Program Manager and Director of Business Development.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To help implement projects of Hubspace as directed by the Program Manager and Director of Business Development
- To conduct market research and digital analysis of sectors within the Northern B.C. economy
- To conduct economic analysis and prospect identification including but not limited to business identification, profiling of clients, and contacting clients to explore opportunities for integration into Hubspace’s network and resources
- To collect, format, and process data from various sources to prepare reports
- To assist with delivery of the VAP including but not limited to directly engaging with potential and existing clients, recruiting new proponents, providing business plan support, and analyzing clients’ problems
Successful candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Meet the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs Program
- Between 15 and 30 years of age
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number)
- Available for full-time employment (35 hours per week) between May 24th, 2021 and Aug 27th, 2021
To apply for the position please send a resume and cover letter to Chris King, Program Manager at chrisking [at] hubspace.ca before 12:00pm on Friday May 14th, 2021.