Your safety is our first priority.
We are working our hardest to make sure that our business is as safe as possible, please read below for our COVID19 policies.
COVID 19 Safety Policies & Procedures
LAST UPDATE: April 1, 2021
Building Capacity & General Policy
COVID-19 public health orders (PHO), regulations and recommendations are in effect. This policy will be updated regularly in accordance. Hubspace follows all of these orders, regulations and recommendations. If something is missed, assume that they apply.
As the primary leaseholder of 101 and 102 -1584 7th Avenue, Hubspace is responsible for compliance with the Provincial Government and Worksafe BC.
Hubspace ensures that all individuals maintain an appropriate physical distance of 2 meters or 6 feet, whenever possible.
- Hubspace has established and posted occupancy limits. The capacity limits of our premises are as follows:
- Boardroom: 6
- Reception and Waiting Area: 2
- Video Conferencing (Zoom) Room: 2
- Offices: 2
- Face coverings are mandatory in all public spaces in the building.
- According to PHO, “face covering” means either of the following that covers the nose and mouth of a person:
- a medical or non-medical mask or;
- a tightly woven fabric;
- Public spaces include but are not limited to the reception area, kitchenette, hallways, bathrooms, and storage space.
- Whenever individuals are away from their workstation, they are to wear a mask.
- Upon entering the building, individuals are encouraged to use the hand sanitizer and masks that are provided by the front entrance.
- Individuals must not enter the premises if they are exhibiting any symptoms including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body ache
- Nausea or vomiting
- Hubspace has a zero-tolerance policy for sickness. Individuals should be performing daily checks for any and all of these symptoms
- Individuals are responsible for the disinfection of their workstations and offices.
- Please limit all meetings with visitors (i.e. clients, guests, volunteers, and employees) to an absolute minimum. Where possible please use video conferencing software or phone calls.
- This room will not be available for bookings of more than 6 people.
- Face coverings are to be used when in this space.
- After the room has been used, individuals are responsible for the complete disinfection of the space.
Video Conferencing (Zoom) Room
- This room will not be available for bookings of more than two people. Face coverings are encouraged to be used when in this space. After the room has been used, individuals are responsible for the complete disinfection of the space.
- The kitchenette is open to use by one individual at a time and must be disinfected by the individual after each use.
- Appliance handles and controls must also be disinfected after each use.
- The printer and affected surfaces must be wiped down with designated disinfectant after every use. Key areas include the touchpad, screen and paper trays. Do not spray disinfectant directly on the surface of the machine, instead spray onto paper towels first, then wipe.
Fridge and small appliances
- The fridge and small appliances will be available to individuals at their own discretion. Individuals must wipe the handles and affected surfaces with designated disinfectant after every use.
- Door handles in public spaces throughout the premises will all be disinfected at least once daily. Disinfecting the handles on private offices are the responsibility of the individuals who occupy them.
- The surface of the tables and the armrests of the chairs will all be disinfected at least once daily. Individuals will be made aware that the use of the waiting area is at their own discretion.
- Light switches in public spaces will all be disinfected at least once daily.