COVID 19 Safety Policies & Procedures
Building Capacity & General Policy
As the primary leaseholder of our shared space, we are responsible for compliance with the Provincial Government and Worksafe BC. Hubspace and its members have a positive history of working collaboratively and we expect that to continue during this time. Please be mindful of your fellow coworkers and ensure that your teams are following these policies.
- At no time will the total occupants of the building exceed 49 people and the capacity of each area our building is as follows:
- Main Atrium: 30
- Mezzanine: 10
- Board Room: 4
- Small Meeting Room: 2
- Offices: 2
- Coworkers must not enter the premises if they are exhibiting any symptoms including, but not limited to, coughing, sneezing, runny nose or fever. Moving forward Hubspace will have a zero-tolerance policy for sickness in our shared workspace.
- Members are responsible for the disinfection of their workstations and offices.
- Upon entering the building please use the hand sanitizer that is placed near the doors. Masks are available and encouraged, especially when using the meeting rooms.
- Please limit all meetings with people who are not tenants to an absolute minimum, where possible please use video conferencing software or phone calls.
- Coworkers must supply their own dishes and cutlery if they wish to use it. There are a limited amount of disposable cups that can be offered to guests for coffee or tea.
This room will not be available for bookings of more than four people. Masks are encouraged to be used when in this space. After the room has been used, coworkers are responsible for complete disinfection of the space.
Small Meeting Room
This room will not be available for bookings of more than two people. Masks are encouraged when using this space for a prolonged period of time. After the area has been used coworkers must completely disinfect the space.
The coffee nook will remain open to use by one individual at a time and must be disinfected by coworkers after each use. Mugs, plates and utensils will no longer be supplied by Hubspace, coworkers will need to supply their own if they wish to use them. Coworkers will be responsible for the proper sterilization and cleaning of their supplied cutlery and dishes.
The call room will remain open for use by one Coworker at a time. After the space has been used, they will be responsible for disinfecting all surfaces.
Mezzanine Co-Working Area
Worksafe BC requires that all workstations be two metres apart and away from shared walkways. Desks will be rearranged in order to accommodate this. If there are too many people in this area, the Atrium will be used as overflow. Members will need to work collaboratively with one another in order to satisfy these requirements and keep everyone safe.
The printer must be wiped down after every use. Key areas include the touchpad, screen and paper trays. Do not spay the provided disinfectant directly on the surface of the machine, instead spray onto paper towels first, then wipe.
The shared fridge will be available to members but should be wiped down with disinfectant after every use.
There are railings in the stairwell that leads to the basement and the mezzanine and one that leads to the upstairs offices. This surface will be disinfected once daily.
Door handles throughout the office will all be disinfected at least once daily. Disinfecting the handles on private offices are the responsibility of the members who occupy them.
Reception Desk in Back Office
The surface of the desk must be disinfected at least once daily by the members that occupy this space.
Light switches will all be disinfected at least once daily.